Hello all,

on Thu, 20 Jan 2000, at 08:15:32 local time (GMT -0800), Nick wrote:

> Still, I'll see a thread where the first message is the original, as it
> should be, then most, but not all, of the replies are listed in
> descending order with the little + sign next to each one.

the replies to the original message, that themselves have been replied to,
also get a + of course ...

> Other combinations I've tried will list the replies _without_ the +
> signs, but then I'll find the original message stuck somewhere in the
> middle of the thread, which doesn't make sense to me, and at times will
> make it difficult to follow the thread.

i've seen that too ; i think it happens when the system time on someone's
PC is not 'correct' ...

> What combinations of viewing preferences would allow TB to simply list
> the original message as the first message in a thread, followed in
> chronological order by all the replies, and without the little + signs
> necessitating all the extra mouse clicks required to read the thread?
> What have others found that works for them?

i'm using :
view - display - all messages
view - sort by - creation time
view - view threads by - subject

works fine. only when someone's PC clock is off, his replies will all be at
the top (running early) or bottom (running late) of the thread.

--
Rob ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
using The Bat! 1.39 Beta/1

... Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.