On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:30:16 -0800, Nick Andriash wrote:

>>     Wild guess, Hamster is a local news server.  XNews doesn't have true
>> offline reading capabilities so it needs a local news server to do that.

> I was thinking more about this Steve, and remembered that Xnews has a
> storage feature. Would not storing of bodies serve the same purpose as
> running Hamster with Xnews? Are they not one in the same, only using
> different Folders basically?

    Yes, but I can't seem to get at these stored messages without first
going online and opening the group with the connection going. You could
however disconnect after having opened the group and continue reading
offline.

--
-=Allie=-                 | Using The Bat! v1.39
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)