On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:10:19 -0600, Douglas Hinds wrote:

> The file - that was downloaded on Jan 19 from
> http://www.ritlabs.com/ftp/pub/the_bat/the_bat.exe
> is evidently not a compressed file and wants to go into a setup
> routine when I click on it. Do I need to go through that?

It is a self-extracting RAR archive. You can open it with e.g.
WinRAR (www.rarsoft.com) without executing it.

There was a discussion on this list or TBBETA some weeks ago on
compressing utilities, mentioning other freeware and shareware tools
capable of reading RAR format, perhaps you find it in the archive...

Regards

Peter
--
Peter Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        PGP-ID 0x02850F53 (DH/DSS)
PGP Fingerprint 68AB D08E D995 41B4 C6FD  639D 9B94 D249 0285 0F53