Hi,

    I have a few hangups with the quick search facility:

a) It should be invoked with a single keyboard shortcut instead of just
simply hitting lettered keys with the message list in focus.

b) Why not let it do searches by dynamic elimination. By this I mean, the
message list only lists messages satisfying the search string and as you
type each new character the list is updated. When you're finished only the
messages that fit the search criteria are listed.

c) If I place the quick search applet on the toolbar, fitting it snugly
beside the main toolbar, focus on the message list, and then start typing,
suddenly the the quick search applet is changed to a floating window which
appears towards the bottom of the screen. If the quick search window is
placed on the toolbar why is this happening? Yet another loophole in an
apparent convenience feature; the convenience feature being that the window
is opened floating when you starting hitting lettered keys with the message
list in focus.

--
-=Allie=-                 | Using The Bat! v1.39
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)