Hi there!

On 27 Jan 00, at 17:57, Allie Martin wrote
    about "Re: PGP Bug?":

> > I fully support the suggestion of Steve. BTW, AFAIK this is already on the
> > wishlist (?). This technique has proved to be quite useful I'd say. It's
> > one of the  pretty useful and pretty standard things that TB doesn't
> > support yet but the  other MUAs do (e.g., Pegasus);-(
>
>     I had a look see on what this was all about.
>
>     Two things:
>
>     The Bat would have to support the necessary user interface enhancements
> to make use of these mailing list specific header entries for handling
> subscriptions etc.

Yes. But _this_ is not a bloat, it's really as simple as that;-)

>     The next thing is that this method doesn't really affect the whole
> business of repetition now does it? The repeated stuff (URLS's and mail:to's
> for subscription purposes) is just being moved from the text body to the
> headers. One is readily visible. The other isn't. :)

Well, but the one that's "readily visible" is not visible usually (I recall lots of
"unsubscribe me" messages) for some;-)

>     However, since the headers will not be padded by the instructions around
> the URL's, I guess it is better than nothing from a bandwidth conserving
> POV. I also agree and endorse the idea mostly from the angle from which it
> is primarily intended and that's to make things easier for the user through
> the provision of a consistent interface to subscribe/ unsubscribe etc. from
> the various mailing lists.

Yep, that's what's the whole idea of that RFC about IMO. Consistency;-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---