Tom> If you were to come to get carpal tunnel syndrome (which has been
Tom> extending its talons into me recently), you'll come to appreciate the
Tom> difference between pressing ^] for next message vs. 'n' or <space>.
whats wrong with arrow up and down?

Tom> I am so happy someone pointed out that you can use the space bar when
Tom> the focus is in the message list pane.  If only there was a way to go back
Tom> in the message...  Also noticed that the mousewheel works in the
Tom> message view pane even if the focus is not there.  Very trick.  (why
Tom> isn't this in any of the documentation that I read?)
Ahhhh(g)

DH>> but while many of your comments may be helpful, I strongly suggest
DH>> you suspend your assumptions to a greater degree and try to
DH>> assimilate the approach TB takes to windows email.

Tom> In other words "shut the hell up 'til you've been accepted as a long
Tom> time user of this program.
Well, I think more of lets have a look at V2 as if its all
reprogrammable keys what does it matter as there likely will be a
whole book of suggested updates

Tom> I have four words I could say to that, but I won't.  What I will say
Tom> is that I will speak what I know and what I feel, and these are things
Tom> that WOULD increase The Bat!'s (narrow) market appeal, and I will not
Tom> make such outrageous suggestions as adding a file manager or news
Tom> reader to the software.  All I want is something that is good at
Tom> handling mail, both incoming and outgoing, both reading and writing.
I agree but its no use trying to try to cause huge changes to bat V1
while we donot know whats in V2...

Tom> -tom!

Best regards,

tracer