Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Thursday, 03 February, 2000, 4:26:53 PM, Allie wrote:

[snip]

>         I see that you're running Zip Magic. The Bat! doesn't work
> well with it. There's an exclusion list that Zip Magic provides. Add
> TB! to the exclusion list.

>         You see, Zip Magic works a bit too well. What it does is fool
> Windows into thinking that zipped archives are actual folders. You
> cannot attach folders using TB! (or any mailer for that matter). The
> Bat! sees zipped archives as folders with Zip Magic's virtual folder
> interface enabled and this is the problem. You'll encounter the same
> problem when trying to ftp stuff, so include any ftp clients in the
> zip magic exclusion list as well.

That's certainly one way. Personally, I just right click on the icon
and uncheck "Show Zip folders" (I'm using ZipMagic 2000, BTW). In
fact, if I'm loading ZipMagic at startup, I have it start up disabled.
Then I only enable it when I need it. It works very well that way, and
I don't have the kind of problem Homesick reported....

>         Mijenix does have software that does some nice things but they
> have two problems. Their software is buggy and also are becoming
> distressingly monolithic. I have since uninstalled zipmagic. I've
> found that it's best to just keep things simple.

Buggy? I haven't found that.

Monolithic? What do you mean.

I've been more than happy with ZipMagic. It was well worth the
investment.

--
 Keith Russell
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]