Hi Gary,

G> Thanks Wolfgang for your response, I appreciate it. Taking this one
G> step further, any other filter I set up other than the kill filter
G> will go automatically to the file that I designate. I can set up a
G> regular filter to go to the trash automatically. So the difference
G> between a kill filter and the regular filter going to the trash would
G> be that with the kill filter I would not see it,

right.

G> save for a few headers,

the rest of the headers and. more important, the body of the
message.

G> and the regular filter would be received and going to the
G> trash (if I set it up that way).

Yes. But: using kill filters might be slower than downloading
all messages and throw away some of them.
The reason is that, if at least one kill filter is active,
TB has to contact the POP server twice for each message:
- retrieve the standard headers (1)
- check the kill criteria and either
  - delete the message on the server (2a) or
  - retreive the message (2b)
It depends on your POP server which way is faster.
With my server, kill filters do not pay, because I do
not get a lot of large mails to be killed.

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists

Using The Bat! 1.39 under Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111  B
in Darmstadt, Germany,
on a 166Mhz Cyrix, 128MB SDRAM, half SCSI system ;-)

http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/wky/