Hello Januk,

Sunday, March 05, 2000, 5:02:38 PM, you wrote:

JA>  Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's wrong with BCC?  Do you
JA>  not want the list members to show up on the copy that's in the Sent
JA>  folder?  If so, you can always BCC yourself a copy too and save that
JA>  as your Sent message.

Many thanks for your reply:)

No...what I want is for a whole ream of addresses NOT to show up in
the recipients' copies. This of course, can be accomplished by using
BCC. However, BCC sometimes confuses folks, cuz they do not know it has
been sent BCC and they do a reply all and things bounce all over the
place for them....if they see the name of the list only in their
"from" box, they can see it is a list with the recipients' addresses
suppressed.

In other emailers, such as Eudora I can send to  list of folks and
still repress the individual members by making sure there is an entry
in the NAME field of the list. I am just not sure how to accomplish
this with The Bat..and I much prefer to use the bat if I can as it
does not chew up resources.

Thanks Januk:)

 Woofie                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]