Hi Simon,

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:10:47  +0000GMT (20/03/2000, 17:10 +0800GMT),
Simon wrote:

S> Each POP3 account then has a separate password so it can be
S> accessed anywhere, with any client, independently of the whole, and
S> by any individual with access to the mailbox and a dial-up account.

These are seperate email accounts, different POP accounts, that just
happen to be on the same domain and that just happen to be owned by
the same person (you). These are not aliases.

S> Even though all the aliases belong to the same domain,
S> [EMAIL PROTECTED],

They are not aliases. An alias is a different name for the same POP
account. For example, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> will
both end up in this one mailbox. They go to the same account, even
though they have different names (hence "alias", meaning "also" in
some old langauge ;-))

S> All I was saying was that it we be good for people like me (and there are
S> millions of us) to be able to retrieve mail from multiple POP3 mailboxes to
S> one account within TB! without setting up multiple main accounts within TB!
S> If each account had smtp and multiple POP3 capabilities, this would solve
S> the problem.

I think this would not only overcomplicate usage - as well as
programme development, thus inviting bugs - but also bloat the thing.

S>  A great deal of email clients work like this.

For example?

Oh, by the way, you can still filter from any account into one
account. Since you have set up mutliple POP accounts with your ISP, I
would assume you have a reason for it - so why would you want to
intermix them again anyway?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.41
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.