Hi Simon,

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:14:20  +0000GMT (21/03/2000, 07:14 +0800GMT),
Simon wrote:

>> Thomas is correct I believe.  An alias is an"other" name for the same
>> thing.  It is not the primary name of the thing.  Hence the
>> definition, "other."  Pretty much anything @fancy.org aliases to one
>> primary email box, although I have one other POP3 account set up, an
>> alias to that account, and another alias to another domain.

S> That was my definition, not Thomas's! Look at the quotes: S> for Simon ;)

I don't want to be picky, what the contents of what he says seems to
be the same as I said about the definition of "alias" versus
"different POP account" (which is a different mailbox and not an
alias), even though he quoted your text. :-)

S> RFC822 is very clear as to what it is. Anyone in any doubt should have a good
S> read: http://freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/822/24.htm

Please help me out here: I didn't find antyhing about aliases at this
URL.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.41
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.