hallo Christian!

on Saturday, April 15, 2000, 5:44:29 AM, you wrote:

CD> Hello TBUDL,

CD>   I prefer Linux, I NEED The Bat! for my work. How do we make this
CD>   port happen? I mean, I work for Opera Software, we are doing a Linux
CD>   port of our browser because we see a market there.

CD>   The Bat! would wipe the competition away on that platform in a week,
CD>   and people would pay. I would, a lot would because most e-mail
CD>   software on Linux...ummm...sucks? :)
so do the following: talk to the guys at ritlab, help them porting,
throw away (i mean FAR away) that kind of mail-client you wrote for
opera (and throw that newsreader-part even further beyond the edge of
this world), loosely integrate the bat into opera (no Steve, not
integrate, i mean establish a connectivity interface which works in
linux too (in windows it is already implemented as we know), but do
so, that if you like you can tightly integrate it for set-top-boxes
and you are done..

do the same with xnews (the windows one http://xnews.3dnews.net/ (you
see steve, i didn't attach the file! ;)

but all this isn't possible with the manpower opera has. IMHO opera
lacks a chief designer... they have good coders, but i cannot see a
direction in interface and a vision for this browser...

i did it again... please beware of the off-topic trap when
answering... thanks,

PAT
--

vcard/LDAP/PGP: http://dresden-online.com/~perler/identity.html
PGP fingerprint: DAC6 2FDA 1ED7 AD55  BD1F 5142 3D5F 72BF