On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:39:24 -0700, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>> OTOH,  I think this debate has been thrashed to pieces from the hugely
>> divergent  POVs  that exist around TB editor functionality. Steve Lamb
>> so  often  and  eloquently points out, the ideal is to have TB call an
>> external  editor  rather than bloat a very fine MUA to make it support
>> the whim and pleasure of everyone's favourite editor.

>> Personally,  I'm  sublimely  happy with TB's editor, but Tom and Steve
>> make me feel very much in the minority.

>  Don't worry, you're not the only one in that minority.  I'll stick
>  with you.  If you want to reformat a paragraph, I've found that all I
>  need to do is select the lines I want to reformat and hit alt-L.
>  Then it turns out very close to what I want.  The only thing I wish
>  TB would preserve is my double spaces between sentences.  Oh well,
>  can't have everything.

Well look at that! I didn't realise this. You're correct. Did you know
that the autoformat feature does *not* remove double spaces when it
dynamically wraps and rewraps your text? :-) I've been using this method
for a long time. The autoformat feature also doesn't take away the tab in
that is often used at the beginning of paragraphs.

The way to reformat quoted text with the autoformat feature is to move the
quoted text block upwards once. Do this by placing the cursor at the
beginning or the text block and hitting enter and then backspace. Another
method is to do it while trimming unwanted text. If your deleting a text
block, also delete the blank line before the quoted text block which you
wish to reformat. When the text block is deleted, the quoted text block
retained will be reformatted on the fly as it is moved upwards. The extra
spaces and the tab-ins being preserved.

So if you want your extra spaces preserved, use autoformat. If you wish to
get rid of them as some of us wish to, use Alt+L.

--
© 2000 Allie Martin
  Using TB! v1.42 Beta/18 on Win2k Pro