Hi there!

On 24 Apr 00, at 16:43, Paula Ford wrote
    about "Re: Sentence on download.com":

> > BTW, what the heck is "imperative"?;-))
>
> "the imperative mood or a verb form or verbal phrase expressing it"
>
> Basically, the sentence should begin with a verb.

Ah, thanks;-))

> > Slogan needs to be far away from the real life;-) You'd better forget
> > about the reality at all...
>
> C'mon, TB needs marketing and catchy slogans are part of marketing. RIT
> could use a few one-liners to use in different contexts.

Actually, after I lately looked at ratings in (Russian) shareware reviews/sites,
I'd hesitate a real lot before implying that "TB needs marketing";-) Ratings like
TB -- >1000;
second highest -- approx. 250
(this has been taken from http://freeware.agava.ru, for the record, but the
percentage is quite typical) are... hmmm... a bit uncommon for the programs
that need yet MORE marketing;-) For the site cited above, TB's rating means
that about 30% of visitors have been interested in The Bat!....

OTOH, that might well be different in other parts of the world (i.e. non-Russian
speaking parts of it;-)), I don't know really...

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---