On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:24:15 +0200, Aljoscha Rittner wrote:

>>  I absolutely agree with Steve here and disagree with you :) I have
>>  come to like very much that TB sets the cursor where it was,
>>  especially with my chaotic mail working style. EG: I might want to
>>  refer to multiple messages in several folders and click back and forth
>>  between them. Other usages too.

> Sorry, but I agree with Eberhard :-) with an additional point. It
> should be possible to customize this for different folders.

> Cursor holding is nice, but TB close all threats if I change
> between folders. So the cursor holding is a little bit useless
> for me.

Wo there. If you have a message deep within a thread selected and you
change to a folder and back, all threads will be closed *except* the one
in which you had selected a message before moving to another folder. TB!
therefore maintains the message selection position even with the threaded
view.

> Ok, we have different ways to read messages. I've different ways
> to read messages in different folders (mailing lists, mailing
> lists with bad references, normal incoming messages).
> Some folders are sorted by date or threading or names! New
> messages are spread all over the folder. Yes, I can jump to the
> next new message. But this "next" message is sometimes the last
> because the last (read) focused message is on bottom.

Press Ctrl+] and it takes you to the next unread message even if you have
the last message in the folder selected. The next unread message searcher
cycles through the folder and doesn't stop at the end of the message list.
I find this to be good. If only I could get a single key shortcut for
this.

--
© 2000 Allie Martin       /*\       Using TB! v1.42 Beta/20 on Win2k Pro
---