Hallo Allie,

On Tue, 2 May 2000 12:21:13 -0500 GMT (03.05.2000, 01:21 +0800 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

>>   I'm trying to make a filter that send to my gsm via sms the principals
>>   headers of filtered e-mail: i need to know if it's possible to set
>>   the filter to automatically send the mail.
>>   Thank you.

AM> I don't know about the others, but I don't understand what it is you are
AM> asking. :-( Would you expand?

GSM = Global System for Mobile Communication = digital mobile
(cellular) phone system most popular everywhere in the world, except
N.America. I think in some big cities like L.A., NY etc they have
introduced it now, but while it is usually on the 900 and 1800 MHz
bands, it will work on the 1900 MHz band in USA/Canada. You need a
tri-band phone, or your service provider will lend you a free 1900
MHz phone if you go to N.America.

SMS = Short Message System. You can send messages, via email or from
phone to phone, to GSM telephones. Very popular, as people can be
reached by email even if they are not on the internet, and a lot
cheaper than phone calls and thus used by students a lot.

He wants TB! to send him him notification of each email he receives. I
guess he did this by adding Action/Forward to/his cell phone number,
with a forward template including only the desired headers, to his
filters. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.42 Beta/20
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM