Hi Gord,

On 06 May 2000 at 13:04:06 GMT -0600 (which was 20:04 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "secure POP?":

Please  post  new  questions  as  New  messages - not as a reply to an
existing  message. Many of us use Thread by Reference in this list and
such practices really mess things up for us.

(I'm  not  just  picking  on Gord here - please note this as a general
rule)

> My network guy wants me to use Secure POP - i.e. SSL enabled POP (or
> IMAP I suppose). I guess my question is (I'm pretty unfamiliar with
> this stuff), does The Bat! offer this (don't think so) and if not,
> will it soon?

TB  Offers IMAP support (limited for now), POP3 and POP3 with MD5 APOP
encrypted  login. This latter option is one of the more secure ones to
which your "network guy" is perhaps referring.

I do not know if this constitutes SSL POP. Anyone else?

> I would hate to have to switch to M$ Outlook or Eudora...

Wouldn't we all! ;-)

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>