Hi Tim,

TH> Hello Tbudl,

TH>   IMAP  is  worthless  and extremely buggy on TB when trying to access
TH>   gamail.  The  connection  window freezes when checking google and TB
TH>   freezes  as  well. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I could
TH>   use POP in checking gmail.

Let me take a stab in the dark. This sounds like a problem that I had
with a POP3 account many years ago. As part of the login process, one
particular provider was sending a DNS request. Due to problems (or
fears) about ?BackOrifice?, the firewall had been set to block port 53
by default. The result looked very much like a continuous loop (TheBat
attempted to fetch email from that provider and hung).

After reading the firewall logs (and setting it to report all denied
traffic, heh-heh-heh), the solution was to open port 53 for that
provider's IP address in combination with TheBat's MD5.

I'm not sure if that helps with your problem, but hope springs
eternal.

--
Sincerely,
David