On Saturday, March 17, 2012, at 3:13:48 AM, Lynn wrote:

> I fully expected to have to give up TheBat! after all these years of
> dependency, but I was thrilled to find it loaded perfectly in Wine
> (v1.3.30, if anyone is interested).

I too have switched my systems from Windows to Linux (using Xubuntu
10.04.4) and am still using TB! but not via Wine, which I've never
installed. Instead, I installed Oracle's VirtualBox program, created
virtual machines, loaded my Windows into the VMs, and run TB in that
virtual machine.

Given adequate RAM (I'm running 2 GB) and CPU (hyperthreaded Pentium 4
here) performance of TB! is equal to what it was under native WinXP, and
there's no problem of compatibility at all. Setting up the virtual machine
took a little time, particularly in the area of making sure the internet
connections worked properly, but once established, it runs error-free.

An additional advantage is that I can access TB! from any machine on my
LAN, via the RDP server built into VirtualBox. In fact I'm posting this
reply from another box using that capability.

--
Jim Kyle

Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3 on
VirtualBox 3.2.12 under Xubuntu 10.04.4 with AntiSpamSniper Version 3.2.4.5