Hello Thomas,

On Saturday, November 09, 2013 you wrote:

TF> Hello Jack,

TF> On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 11:50:07 -0600 GMT (10-Nov-13, 00:50 +0700 GMT),
TF> Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> I currently use the VIEW + WINDOW SPLIT MODE + FULL-WIDTH PREVIEW PANE
>> display.
>> A selected message in the upper-right panel displays in a blue color.
>> However
>> when I click in the bottom half panel displaying the complete message, the
>> color
>> of the selected message in the upper-right panel changes to a barely visible
>> blue or gray (it's too faint to tell).  Does anybody know where those colors
>> can
>> be changed?

TF> Actually, the colour shouldn't change. As long as the message is
TF> unread, it is on bold face, and that changes to normal once it is
TF> opened.

TF> I haven't played with colours in v5 yet, but will test it soon.

The "selected" message in the upper right pane consists only of SUBJECT, FROM,
TO, RECEIVED etc., not the entire message and it's not the actual text color to
which I'm referring (which is black, bold if unread) but the transparent
background color shading the entire line.  Sorry for the confusion.

I was prompted to try and find it myself and it seems I was successful.  It's in
OPTIONS + PREFERENCES + MESSAGE LIST + COLOR GROUPS.  Duh!  Since I've never
created a color group of my own, the only one available for me to EDIT is
<GENERIC GROUP>.  It's not particularly easy to understand because of the names
chosen to represent different things in your display but if you play around with
it, eventually you'll get something usable.  Which I did.  Don't overlook the
tabs in the middle of the EDIT COLOR GROUP box.

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1