Hello Jack,

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 14:29:27 -0600 GMT (10-Nov-13, 03:29 +0700 GMT),
Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

TF>> Actually, the colour shouldn't change. As long as the message is
TF>> unread, it is on bold face, and that changes to normal once it is
TF>> opened.

> The "selected" message in the upper right pane consists only of SUBJECT, FROM,
> TO, RECEIVED etc., not the entire message and it's not the actual text color
> which I'm referring (which is black, bold if unread) but the transparent
> background color shading the entire line.  Sorry for the confusion.

No worries: I understood you correctly and was referring to the same
line in the message list.

> I was prompted to try and find it myself and it seems I was successful.  It's
> in
> OPTIONS + PREFERENCES + MESSAGE LIST + COLOR GROUPS.  Duh!  Since I've never
> created a color group of my own, the only one available for me to EDIT is
> <GENERIC GROUP>.  It's not particularly easy to understand because of the
> names
> chosen to represent different things in your display but if you play around
> with
> it, eventually you'll get something usable.  Which I did.  Don't overlook the
> tabs in the middle of the EDIT COLOR GROUP box.

You are right! I handn't checked before sending my mail and last time
I used colour groups, there weren't so many options IIRC.

Personally, I don't think I need all these options as I am perfectly
happy with the bold/unbold toggle for unread/read, but other people
might like it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1