> I wonder if they are words you added yourself. For example you would
> probably added your last name because the spell checker would not see it
> as being spelled correctly, so you would add it so it wasn't always
> underlined with the squiggly red line.

I'd suggest going to the Spell Checker menu in a The Bat editor, and
clicking on Dictionaries. Check each Dictionary's content (starting with
"correct.tlx") and "rummage around" a bit, looking for words that could be
deleted and/or added (being careful to chose the correct Action for any you
add), etc. It's difficult for me to describe more exactly what I think you
should do there (not knowing exactly what you'd find there), but it's worth
at least doing some investigating in that Edit Dictionaries dialog box.

You can also open the non-compressed *.tlx dictionaries (on my PC, they're
"accent.tlx", "correct.tlx", and "Ssceam.tlx", and are located at
"C:\Users\fred\AppData\Roaming\TheBat!\Speller\") in a text editor (e.g.,
NotePad) for examination. However, I would ~not~ recommend editing them
there, unless you are fully aware of their file formatting - examine them
there if you wish, but edit them through the Edit Dictionaries dialog box.

PERHAPS, BEFORE TRYING ~ANY~ OF MY SUGGESTIONS ABOVE, YOU SHOULD FIRST MAKE
BACKUP COPIES OF YOUR USER DICTIONARIES BEFORE MAKING ~ANY~ CHANGES.

[The compressed *.clx dictionary or dictionaries (on my PC I have
"Ssceam2.clx" located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBat!\Speller\") is/are
binary, and can't be edited in a text editor. (I also have copies of
"accent.tlx", "correct.tlx", and "Ssceam.tlx" at that location, but I
figure they are not actually my user dictionaries, but perhaps are
templates for my actual user dictionaries.)]

Fred

Using The Bat V.4.2.44.2 for POP mail on Windows 7 Service Pack 1