Hello Adrian,

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:30:12 +0200 GMT (16-Jun-14, 21:30 +0700 GMT),
Adrian Godfrey wrote:

>> And even if the recipient views in HTML, their viewing settings may be
>> wildly different to your own, so they don't see what you imagine they
>> might.

> Not  to  mention all those crazy colours that make a lot of HTML mails
> extremely  difficult  to read or even legible at all and of course the
> wasted    bandwidth,    particularly   for  people  with  smartphones,
> tablets, 3G modems and data roaming charges.

Wasted bandwidth: Not an issue in the 21st century.

3G modems: Fast enough. I often don't even switch my smartphone from
3G to wifi.

Data roaming charges: They are the same, whether the picture (for
example) is an attachemnt you have to download and open with
additional effort and time, or whether it is embedded without
additional effort and time.

> You  don't  get this problem with plain text. Every plain text message
> is always legible.

No, it isn't. Even MFPA admits that tables are not legible in
plaintext.

> HTML  in  email  raises  immediate  "this is spam" suspicions for many
> people.

Who is "many people"? The Nigerian spams I receive are all in
plaintext.

Your contribution to this topic was zero. But thanks for the effort.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1