Hello TBUDL@thebat.,

Friday, October 3, 2014, 1:21:29 AM, you wrote:

JSL> Hello MFPA,

>>> I would forever be in your debt if you could send that
>>> to me.  It's certainly worth a try.  Failing that I'll
>>> contact RIT Labs.

M>> Sending now, if my server doesn't time out before it completes. So far
M>> I have managed to send 64% in six minutes. (-:

JSL> My thanks again for sending the v5.2 msi.  I made a backup of TB!  and
JSL> then used Windows Un-install to remove v5.8.8.  Not sure if I had to
JSL> do that but I didn't know if you could go backwards without
JSL> un-installing the newer version first.  At any rate, I used your v5.2
JSL> msi to re-install TB!, apparently successfully.  I was surprised to
JSL> find that everything was still there without my having run "restore
JSL> from backup" yet.  Folders, messages, filters, all seem to be there.
JSL> I still have not "restore(d) from backup" and don't see any reason to.
JSL> Un-fortunately the problem with the key block is still there.  The
JSL> first 56 characters of the block are there as soon as I open the
JSL> registration dialog box.  And again, deleting those 56 characters and
JSL> pasting in the whole keyblock yields the same error message (bad code
JSL> block, bad, sit).  I sometimes use humor as a defence mechanism (it
JSL> doesn't always work).

JSL> In addition, you mentioned the possibility of the anti-virus (McAfee)
JSL> hanging up the displaying of some messages when clicked on.  As an
JSL> experiment, I disabled both the McAfee firewall (for 15 minutes) and
JSL> the McAfee anti-virus.  It made no difference, some messages still
JSL> suffer delays before displaying.  I was never a fan of McAfee and I
JSL> don't know why.  I've always used AVG and never had a problem with it.
JSL>  I'm considering removing McAfee from the computer and installing AVG.

JSL> I have not yet tried any of the suggestions regarding disabling the
JSL> touchpad as that is the least of my problems right now.  If I don't
JSL> get her Bat! fixed, well, I try not to think of things like that.

Before you tear your hair out, if you want to live dangerously, you
might use Revo to do the full uninstall. From
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/revouninstaller.html

During the uninstall, you may get a pop-up from TheBat to interfere
with the uninstall - just ignore and let Revo finish the job.

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v6.0.10 on Windows 7
6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1