St:
> The SpamCop "ship" is abandoned - it's a Ghost Ship...

Rick
> I read something on their web page that said the CE mail had gone under
> and was closing it's doors (I THINK that is what it said. I couldn't find
> it now. If you find it and I am wrong ...)

It's here:
http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/topic/14392-important-spamcop-announcement/

Rick:
> I really can't see them closing the doors. There are other email systems
> that would work with them: Google comes to mind for branded email systems.
> They also have a lot of business for the black list ...

The discussion about SpamCop should be taken elsewhere - but I'd like to
stress that users can no longer renew their accounts. What do you think
happen to the mail if an account expires ... today?

As for myself "testing the lines" - I sent the following message to SpamCop
yesterday: "I am trying to reach you with a support case - are anyone of
these addresses alive?" - it was sent to deput...@admin.spamcop.net and
support-ca...@spamcop.net - one used to get an auto-reply saying "Thank you
for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as soon as
possible. Please reply to this message if there's anything else we can do for
you. Please make sure you leave the case number in the subject every time you
email us." - well - no such notification this time - and the mails have gone
unreplied to. Doesn't sound like living company, right?

As for support: If you have a problem with your account: You are on your own.
If an account expires: It expires.

Or maybe we should understand "SpamCop will provide this mail forwarding
service with no additional or future charge to our users. Our commitment is
to provide the forwarding service through 2015 and review the ongoing need
for this service annually each fall." to indicate it's now free for
registered users? Do we trust that? What actions should you take BEFORE your
account(s) expire(s) AND you start losing mail?

Current SpamCop status: It's on intravenous therapy - abandoned; no support.

--
St - Musaic.Net <mailto:listen2rea...@musaic.net>