This is annoying!

You can only delete successfully from the inbox, but not from any
subfolders.
The mail comes right back from the trash folder.

There is one thread about this on the forum from a few years ago, with
no real solution.

Has anyone found one since then?

I've tried everything I can think of, but using the [Gmail]/Trash does
not work as expected.

I can use TB's trash, but that doesn't delete anything on Gmail.
This seems to work fine on my phone and with other mail clients.
Maybe I'm missing a checkmark in a box somewhere.
Tried all the different possibilities in the Gmail settings, too.

 Susanne                          mailto:sisk...@gmail.com

Using The Bat! 7.1.6.0 (Christmas Edition)
OS: Windows 10.0 Build 10586