Hello Maggie,

M>> I  assume your current setting is "In message Bodies", and that if you
M>> now  change  to  "In  a  separate directory" this change will apply to
M>> future messages only, and not to those already in message base.
>
> This is valuable. I have now changed the setting as I was indeed
> keeping them in message bodies.

Well, at least you got something useful from my message ;-)

> In the sorting of the account, I did not see where to paste the
> filter.

Just  select  the group of filter (Incoming, Outgoing, Read) where you
want your filter to be, right-click and select Paste.

> Also, I did not understand the syntax of the name of the filter.

I  don't  know  what  you  exactly  mean  by that. The name I used was
ExtAtt.

> Where is the text enclosed by $ to be pasted? Should it be copied
> from 'beginFilter' and end with 'endFilter'? I have never used a
> filter such as this, even though I have seen various similar filters
> in the list over the years. Normally, my needs are so simple that
> the macros one can choose for message filtering are enough for my
> needs.

In  my  message, select all the lines starting with (and including it)
'$$$$  TB!  Message  Filter  $$$$' to 'endFilter' (including it also).
Then  right-click  and  select Copy (or Ctrl-C). Then open the Sorting
Office,  select  the  filter  group/type where you want the filter and
Paste.

Once  pasted,  select it and in 'Actions' on the right panel, click on
the  Edit button at the bottom and the Extract Attachments window will
open.  There  you  will  see where you can set the directory where you
want  attachments  to  go, and also the mask for file type you want to
extract.

I  still  have to find a way of defining more than just one mask. I've
tried several ways but none of them did work.

> Thanks for your patience.

My pleasure :-)

Miguel A. Urech (Els Poblets (Alicante) - Spain)
Using The Bat! v7.4.2.0 Christmas Edition
My photos at: http://mau.smugmug.com
My photoblog: http://mau.aminus3.com

Winamp Playing: Kevin Kern - Childhood Remembered (CALM RADIO - SOLO
PIANO)