On 2019-08-26 at  5:17 PM, Melissa Reese <willkayakforf...@gmx.com> wrote:
> I'm still struggling with the folders/templates/filters transfer (or
> complete recreation, if need be -- eek!).

When using IMAP, basic filtering (moving messages, auto-forwarding, marking
as read, flagging, &c.) is often performed on the server. Each service
provider has a different interface to filters. If, based on your email,
you're using GMX, they have documentation about how their filters work at
https://support.gmx.com/email/filter-rules/index.html#breadcrumb_help_email_filter-rules_about

If you're using a different provider, you'll need to check their help pages
for details.

The advantage of moving them to the server is that all your clients--from
multiple copies of The Bat! on different machines to your mobile phone--will
see the same messages in the same folders.

--
Christopher Warrington <li...@mygcw.net>