Hi Eagle,

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 8:59:36 AM you wrote:

bemc>>  it takes
bemc>> a long time at ""Getting number of messages" and sometimes it just
bemc>> goes on unless I have to DELETE TASK or ABORT ALL. Sometimes, it
bemc>> checks immediately as usually done.

EMPL> Microsoft automatically runs a program called "Anti Malware Service
Executable"
EMPL> (MsMpEng.exe). It's an anti-malware program which has lately (on my
computer)
EMPL> become VERY demanding of CPU time. I have begun to have constant problems
with
EMPL> this program freezing my computer until it releases the CPU. It has high
priority
EMPL> and cannot be made lower priority.

EMPL> I even cleared the INBOX/SENT BOX but the problem still persists.
EMPL> Even with 25,000 emails in the INBOX, it was working perfectly.
EMPL> Attached is a screen shot of the CONNECTION CENTRE window. Here you
EMPL> will see that the connection is stuck at GETTING NUMBER OF MESSAGES.

This happens to me periodically, and it seems to be related only
to accounts of a certain host. Not the same host always, but when
it happens, the accounts that are hanging are all of the same
one. The latest problem is occurring with the two I have on small
orange. Tomorrow, it may not hang up, but today it did.

I am not on Win10 so the MsMpEng.exe is not the problem here.

--

Best Regards,
Maggie                          http://www.OurCabinOnTheCreek.com

Fear is a form of alertness. -Computer, from Aurora