On 2021-03-10 at  1:49 PM, Maggie Meister <mag...@leelehman.com> wrote:

> In Portuguese (and perhaps other languages) it is sometimes necessary to
> type a superscript character, such as Profa. or Ma where the 'a' is
> superscripted. To illustrate, I've pasted from a wp document into a blank
> email with my default editor changed from PlainText (MicroEd) to HTML
> Alternative with Plain Text Part in order to be able to paste the above
> examples successfully, but it's kludgy. Is there an easier way to
> accomplish this?

If all you need are the ordinal indicators º and ª, these exist as dedicated
Unicode characters: no HTML needed. I copied/pasted these from the Wikipedia
article on the orginal indicator [1].

There's nothing for longer sequences like "st" or "ora" in Unicode, so if
you want to stick to plain text, you'll need to use something else. In
English, one sees things like 1st or 1^st or 1^{st}.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinal_indicator

--
Christopher Warrington <li...@mygcw.net>