Sigh...

I guess no one has a clue what this could be.  This morning's
version of the bizarre was this message:

!9/1/2021, 07:20:17: FETCH - Server reports error. The response is: .com
(Postfix) with ESMTPS id 7D39A17E02C9

FWIW, when the session works normally, the message that would
show in place of the gibberish above is something like this:

 9/1/2021, 07:25:17: FETCH - 11 messages in the mailbox, 11 new

As one may notice, that was the very next query to the server.
One difference between this and the previous message (aside
from the nonsense text part) is that I did NOT reboot the whole
computer. This time I had only started TheBat!

Regardless, it appears that the first check after TheBat! starts
always fails with a message like this, where the "server response"
is some nonsense that was never sent by the server.

Since it goes away on the second attempt to fetch mail, I suppose
that no one cares, but as a programmer myself, I'm always concerned
with what /ELSE/ may be affected by whatever is causing this issue.

Oh well, I reported it.  I've only been paying for all of the updates
for the past 20 years, so my reports are probably worthless.

Frustrated by silence,

SteveV

Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 7:43:26 AM, you wrote:

SPV> I am very curious about this message from TheBat!'s log:

SPV> !7/6/2021, 07:36:26: FETCH - Server reports error. The response is: e
(web3.networkexchange.de [82.165.112.102])

--
Steven Valliere | tb 9.3.4 | mailto:the...@e-visions.com