On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 at 11:47:42 +1000,Ian wrote:

> I was creating a number list (no special command entered.

> The line started with

> 1.

> When I finished the entry, I pressed the enter and the next line was
> automatically as 2.

> Great, I thought, only now I can't stop the numbers when I press the enter
> key!

My experience is that pressing "Decrease indent" after the desired initial
indented and numbered paragraphs breaks the automatic indenting and numbering.

Also if you put a space before your first line starting with 1. it doesn't
indent. You can then go back and delete that initial space and manually create
lines starting with 2. , 3. , etc without them becoming indented as well. Like
this:
1. First line, started with a space that I then deleted after writing the "1."
2. Second line, manually entered "2.", no initial space needed, no automatic
indenting or numbering occurred
3. And so on.
--
Robin