On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 16:23:06 +0100, Zipper wrote:

Z> I have just gone back to using the Bat. I have a problem connecting
Z> via POP3 to any of my mail accounts, I have tried 3 of my different
Z> ISP's, 3different POP3 servers and all show unable to connect to
Z> server, all 3 can be pinged.

Z> Whether I set it to use network settings and I then open a dial up
Z> connection, I am on a standalone machine, or whether I use RAS
Z> directly.

Z> The odd thing is if I shut The Bat, the first time I do a check all
Z> boxes it is able to and lightening fast, the second onwards fail. If
Z> I shut and reopen, it is fine again for one collection, then unable
Z> to connect.

        I assume that you're using Win2k and the PC firewall ZoneAlarm
right?

Z> While I am here, if I go to Options/HTML Auto View and switch this
Z> off, is this turning off HTML, to make it safe against malicious code
Z> ? I can't remember where to turn HTML off in the Bat.

        No it doesn't turn off HTML, it simply displays the plain text
version initially with the HTML version 'tabbed' for your viewing.
Malicious HTML mail usually requires browser capabilities to work. TB!
will only display HTML, it will not do Java, java scripting or load
pages or images from the internet.

--
Allie Martin            [ TB! v1.45 Beta/4 | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetAlliePGPKey