on Monday, July 03, 2000, 4:43:20 AM, Ming-Li wrote:

>> the only option that does anything is the Mailbox Import
>> Wizard option. the three "From" options don't do anything at
>> all...

> Strange, I found the [Import from Unix Mailboxes] option to be
> the most reliable one.

i figured this one out -- i had an account highlighted, not a
folder. so the option to import, although not grayed out,
was unavailable.

>> i'm guessing my best bet now is to export to an RFC822 text
>> file and then import via the command line... if anybody has
>> tried this or has a better suggestion please let me know. the
>> Poco mail files are .mbx files; i wouldn't expect it to be
>> this difficult to import them...

> Isn't .mbx file standard unix format? Have you tried to open a
> .mbx with a text editor? Is it in plain text?

yes, it is. and it imports just fine, with the one
exception you mention below...

> The major problem with converting mail to TB! involves with the
> "received date/time", unless the source file start each message
> with a line like the following:

>>From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Sun Jul 2 23:56:35 2000

> where date/time has to be in the exact order: day of week,
> month, day of month, time, and year. Otherwise TB would display
> the wrong date. (Note this "From" line is different from the
> "From:" field in the header, where there's a colon following the
> keyword "From".) If the line is missing, TB would use the
> date/time of import for it, so all the messages would end up
> with the same received date/time.

you are correct; this is a problem. although definitely not
an insurmoutable one...

> In short, if the .mbx files you have isn't in plain text unix
> format, you'll have to find a way to export it as such. Then we
> can go from there. If you run into the date/time conversion
> trouble I described above, you may use a editor with macro
> ability to correct them. I still have my Ultraedit macros with
> me, should you need them.

thank you. i would like to give them a try before trying my own...

sd