On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:48:58 -0700, Tom Plunket wrote:

TP> If I have my laptop unconnected from any network and I start TB!, it
TP> hangs while trying to connect to the servers.  It NEVER gives up,
TP> and I NEVER get control in TB!.  I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY like to be
TP> able to write mail while not being connected.  :)

        The only way to dodge this autocheck is to turn off the periodic
checking when not on the network. <shrug>

        It's strange that TB! tries for so long. It usually gives up for
me after about 15 to 20 sec of trying and it doesn't tie up the
interface as well. The trying is going on in the background. It's little
things like these why I dislike using Win98.

--
-=A.C. Martin=-       [ TB! v1.45 S/MIME | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey