Hi Langsley,

On 31 July 2000 at 11:30:22 GMT -0400 (which was 16:30 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "Inquiries of a neophyit":

>>   I  do  not want to use any template for my out going messages and
>> certainly  not  the one which was used to create this message (that
>> to which the Bat defaults.

>> How do I default to no template?

Account  --  properties  --  Templates. There you can edit the default
templates  to  be  ... whatever you wish. Even empty, although I doubt
that  you  would  really want that once you get used to the power that
templates have to offer.

>>   Do I have to use a template to add a signature?

Yes. Templates work from Address book to Folder to Account. A specific
address  template  overrides  a folder specific template overrides the
account defaults.

>>   All of my mail appears in a yellow font on a white
>>   background making it impossible to read.
>>
>> How can I change that?

Options -- Editor Preferences -- Display

>> Is there any way of adding fonts to the bat, both for composing and
>> for viewing mail? I was only able to find 5 none of which would I
>> choose had I other choices. This font would not by my choice for
>> out going mailif I could find an alternative.

(previously posted by Curtis Martin)

    The Bat! uses a plain text editor with unusual but powerful
    features which unfortunately restricts us to using a
    monospaced or fixed-width font. The majority of fonts in
    windows are variable-width fonts and are therefore not
    included in TB!'s font list.

>> Is there a way to compose and send e-mail in HTML?

There  is  a  vociferous  majority amongst the TB hard-core who really
hate  this  aspect  of modern email and don't want to see it in TB. It
isn't  in the current version. RIT labs are working on Version 2 which
purports  to  support  plug-ins and it is expected that HTML authoring
will be one of those (shudder).

You  can  compose  an HTML email in your favourite editor then drop it
into a blank message as an attachment. That tends work work the same.

>>    In  typing  this  message  the  above line did not wrap with the
>> others does anybody know why?

TB's  use of auto-format can be pretty quirky for the unsuspecting and
uninitiated.  Firstly,  you would need to enable auto-formatting using
the  Editor  Preferences  settings.  Also  you  would  need  to enable
auto-wrap.

Beware  -  when using auto-format, the way TB runs paragraphs together
when not separated by a blank line can be infuriating.

>>   Is  there  any way to get the addresses from Outlook Express into
>> the  bat. I've got hundreds of them and I can not possibly re-enter
>> them all!!!

I think so - I just don't remember how. Anyone?

--
Cheers,
.\\arck