Hi Langsley

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:56 -0400GMT
   (which was 31/07/00, 17:22 +0100GMT for me),

you wrote:

LR> I do not want to use any template for my out going messages and
LR> certainly not the one which was used to create this message (that
LR> to which the Bat defaults.

LR> How do I default to no template?

You'll always have to use a template: that's the way TheBat! works :-)
What you want is this:
goto account-properties & edit the templates there: these are the
default-templates for every folder... if you really don't want a
template, simply clear these...

LR>   Do I have to use a template to add a signature?

You can do it in 3 ways:
- put your signature in a template
- put it in a quick-template
- type it every time :-)

Most users simply put it in their template...

LR> All of my mail appears in a yellow font on a white background
LR> making it impossible to read.

LR> How can I change that?

 Options => Editor preferences => display

LR> Is there any way of adding fonts to the bat, both for composing
LR> and for viewing mail? I was only able to find 5 none of which
LR> would I choose had I other choices. This font would not by my
LR> choice for out going mailif I could find an alternative.

You can't use truetype-fonts in v1.xx
(support for these will be added in v2)

About the fonts: don't worry about them for composing mail: they
aren't sent along... just choose a font you like to view everything...

LR> Is there a way to compose and send e-mail in HTML?

Nope, not possible in v1.xx

LR> In typing this message the above line did not wrap with the others
LR> does anybody know why?

 options => editor preferences => auto-wrap must be on
 you can also play a bit with the auto-format function

LR> Is there any way to get the addresses from Outlook Express into
LR> the bat. I've got hundreds of them and I can not possibly re-enter
LR> them all!!!

dunno... :-)

LR> That should do for starters, any and all help will be greatly
LR> appreciated.

Waiting for your next questions :-)

--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 A belly button is for the seeds when you eat watermelon in bed.

 Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/1 on Windows 98 4.10 build 2222 A
 with a Amd Athlon 700 @ 64 MB & 23Gb Hd