On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:49:56 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

SL> No, I term something that does something unexpected a bug. "Del and
SL> up" deleting the current message and bringing up the message from
SL> below is certainly not "Delete and up", now is it? Nor is "Del and
SL> down" deleting and showing the message from above. Those are exact
SL> opposite of what was requested. Usually when something like that
SL> happens, it is called a bug, no?

Feh! But you're being illusive with me here Steve. :-) Almost playing
the weasel with me. <g> Why deviate the discussion and bring the above
bug into the picture. Of course that's a bug! I agree entirely and I
have indicated this both on list a loooong time ago and also to Ritlabs.
This is why I don't use those shortcut keys because each does the
opposite of what it is expected to do, considering what the words 'up'
and 'down' are supposed to mean.

Back to what we were talking about. How is TB!'s not closing the view
folder window when you reach the end of the list a bug? Is there
inappropriate use of English or symbols to mislead the user (as your
above example) occurring in this situation? Is there any unexpected
behaviour beyond what is predicted to occur, not from how PMMail does
things, but from how TB! is designed to do things? This is how TB!
works. I have explained to you why it works the way it does and why it
really aught to work this way considering that the view folder window of
TB! offers more features and functionality than the view folder window
of PMMail, which makes automatic closure of the window inappropriate and
presumptuous.. As long as there is something that the user may wish to
do with the window after completing the message list then it should be
left open. One very reasonable thing the user could wish to do is to
change the folder being browsed via Navigation -> Go to Folder..

--
-=A.C. Martin=-    [TB! v1.46 Beta/3 «» Win2k Pro SP1]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey