Hello Warren,

On  Saturday, August 12, 2000  at  15:38:54 GMT -0400 (which was 12:38 PM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> I  run  a  few  mailing lists (directly on the mailserver, not using The
> Bat) and have problems filtering mail with them.

> I  filter  mail  mostly based on recipient, e.g., <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> Error     and     informational    messages    are    addressed    to
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and, despite filters and folders
> specifically  set  up  for  them, are sent to the main listname folders.

> Any suggestions?

 What are your filter strings exactly?
 The first filter should have

 String                        Location       Presence
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]     recipient      Yes

 Then the second one should be

 String                        Location       Presence
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]           recipient      Yes

 Note that there are no <> brackets around the address.  Does that
 work?

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal