Hello John,

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 at 13:34:18 [GMT +0100], you wrote:
JS> Someone with access to the TBUDL and TBBETA membership lists
JS> (using the From: address ---- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, passing
JS> through a relay which claims to be cyberpass.net) seems to believe
JS> I might be interested in buying a CD packed full of what is
JS> clearly pirated commercial software, for $15. Ho hum.

JS> (Because I use separate email addresses for list subscriptions, I
JS> know this came from trawling the TB list membership. It got sent
JS> to both my TBUDL and TBBETA addresses.)

We'll check the subscribers list, but chances are that they are spider
botting the list archives. If this is the case, then there isn't much
that can be done unfortunately. Other than killing off the list
archives, which we wouldn't want to do, because list archives are
*very* useful.

Another possibility is that the person spamming you is indeed a list
member, but they'd have to be morons to be subscribed to the lists
using the same e-mail address they use in the SPAM.

We'll let you all know though.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--