Horrors. I recommended TheBat! to an associate for whom the program
was simply too overwhelming. So, she uninstalled it. It appears,
however, that the uninstall does not return file associates to their
previous state. For example, .msg attachments cry out for TheBat!

Any direct way out of this? I concluded that the simplest thing for
her to do was reinstall Outlook Express; that should, perhaps, reset
all of the associations.