Hi Karin,

On 17 September 2000 at 02:56:33 GMT +0200 (which was 01:56 where I
live) Karin Spaink wrote and made these points on the subject
of "New user, lotsa questions":

>> in  plain  text, a paragraph needs a clear line to be clearly at an
>> end.

KS> I won't repeat myself, but we're talking cultural differences
KS> here.

No  we're not. These are *technical* issues regarding how the *editor*
can distinguish the next *line* from the next *paragraph*.

KS> In my country, you don't. And in my book, you don't either.

Maybe not, but in a plain text editor which offer paragraph formatting
you *have* to.

KS> Jurek  answered  that  one. It's old, imported mail. Something got
KS> ****** up in the conversion,. New mail looks ok.
    ^^^^^^
Sorry  Karin  but  we have *very* strict obscenity rules on this list.
Please do not use language like this here.

KS> There's no discussing taste. But as I said: why both have the
KS> fixed fomt as the only alternative _and_ free caret?

Fixed  font  provides  exact  WYSIWYG  formatting and free caret helps
(most)  or  hinders  (some)  to  format  at will. Something else needs
explaining here: unused space is auto-stripped from the ends of lines.

>> You  can  filter your mail on receipt and use the ticker to provide
>> you with a virtual folder full of *all* of your new mail regardless
>> of  which  folder  it  may have been filtered to. I, for one, would
>> *not*  want  the  current  folder focus to move just because I have
>> more new mail.

KS> <courageously puts back the ticker>
KS> <cringes>

I  keep my ticker DSR (down-stage right) about 1.5" across. It doesn't
impinge too much and lets me at my new mail *real* quick. Ctrl-Shift-T
is  the toggle. Perhaps you can enable/disable it as your interface to
your new mail.

KS> I don't want to have each and every header... I just would love to
KS> have a general overview. "The Bat" folder 3 new, Swans folder 6
KS> new. etc...

The  ticker  is  not what counts - it's the virtual folder it lets you
into.

KS> Comfort me. I want a pat for all my brave exploring... :-0

You're doing fine. You're suffering from withdrawal and culture shock.
I feel your pain.

- --
Cheers,
.\\arck
[    Marck D. Pearlstone | Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA              ]
[ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0 | www: http://www.silverstones.com      ]
[ PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY> ]

 Chemistry professors never die, they just smell that way!
 TB! v1.46c S/N 14F4B4B2 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998