On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 05:01:18PM +0200, Fred van Veen wrote:
> You are very wrong here (and very arrogant too! (why?))

    Because I'm right, have been right for nearly a decade and grew weary of
explaining to all the newbies to the online world why their brand spanking new
"wisdom", hard earned all of it, is wrong years ago.

> Karin is a Dutch Journalist and probably one of the most mailed persons
> (including lots of hate mails) here in the Netherlands.

    I've been participating in mail client mailing lists for the past 6+
years, spent 4 years on the beta team of one client, regularly use 3 in my day
to day operatons, have tested over 30+ across 4 different platforms, have read
a few of the base RFCs that mail was founded on, am slowly working on my own
email client (planning stages only right now) and have been an active
participant in eletronic communications for almost 20 years now.

    So, you tell me, which one of us, me or her, just /MIGHT/ have an
understanding of why things are the way they are and have just the slightest
reason to speak authoratively upon the subject, hm?

    When I start pontificating on how Dutch Journalists should do their work
I'll be more than happy to take her words under advisement and give them the
weight they deserve for I will be in her element.

    As for arrogance, it is simple, I've grown weary of having to tell newbie
netizens who just discovered email as a very convenient form of communication
why all their recently found "wisdom", all hard earned, I'm sure, is wrong.  I
have the joy of seeing a good 30-50 people a year bring up the same points,
every single year.  Not a one understands the technology as well as they
should to be speaking on the matter and none of them, not a one, ever wants to
listen to those who do.  I've gotten quite tired of being kind so I stopped
many years ago.