On 25-09-2000 at 17:09, Paul Freeman kindly wrote:

> I'm new to The Bat! and learning new stuff from this list. Thank you
> all. I've been using Forte Agent for many years and there are a few
> features that I miss.  One of them is viewing unread messages and
> being able to see the complete thread.

> With the Bat I can either have just unread messages (which with
> threading on is just too incomplete to be useful), or all threads.
> When there are a large number of threads this can be quite difficult
> to navigate through.

After some experimenting, I settled on this method:

I use Full-width preview pane. This way, in the main window
you have your folders to the left and a preview of the
selected folder to the right.

* Click on View, select View Treads by Reference;
* Click on View, select Sort by Creation Time
* Click on View, select Display All Messages.

Now, whenever a new message gets sorted into a mail folder,
double-click on a message in that folder. The View Folder
[folder name] window will come up. Once there,

* click on the Created Time column header and make sure that
the order is descending (arrow downward, newest messages on
top.

All unread messages will show in chronological order. Scroll
down to the oldest of the unread bunch and read your way up,
using either the red <- arrow (for: delete and move upwards)
or the blue <- arrow (for: move to next unread).

- K -

--

A virus is only doing its job. It's trying to live its
life. The fact that it's destroying you by doing so is