Hallo Tobias,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:32:45 +0200 GMT (27/09/2000, 22:32 +0800 GMT),
Tobias Wrede wrote:

TW> Well I would appreciate an online/offline button as well (although I
TW> have a permanent connection). I have TB! check my mailinglists every
TW> 15 minutes. But obviously I cannot always read the mails every 15
TW> minutes. So it is not unusual that there pile up 100+ mails from a
TW> list, that I have to go through. During this time I would rather
TW> prefer, that TB! does not get the new mails, since it would sort some of
TW> them into threads I have already read a moment ago. I would then
TW> risk deleting the unread mail with the mail I went through.

TW> Did I make myself clear? :-)

If you mean you are looking for a button that makes TB ignore the
"check mail every xxx minutes" setting, then it is clear.

I fail to see the logic though. If there are 100+ messages on the
server, it doesn't matter whether I download them now and read them
later, or download them later, when I want to read them.

I sort incoming messages into different folders. If a message arrives
in folders that are important, I will read it it right away. If a
message arrives in a folder than I know is not so urgent (mailing
lists), I will read it when I have time. I do appreciate knowing that
there *are* messages, though, rather than having no clue.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM