Hello A,

Friday, September 29, 2000, 12:03:21 AM, you wrote:

ACM> On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:49:43 +0100, Paul White wrote:

PW>> I need some help with Kill filters, now called Selective Download.
PW>> This feature doesn't seem to work for me so I'm probably doing
PW>> something very silly. The Help pages and FAQ are somewhat vague and a
PW>> little out-of-date.

PW>> I'm trying to kill all mail with the Subject *Test* or *Subscribe* so
PW>> I'm adding signal strings such as:

PW>> String: [Test], Location: [Subject], Presence: [Yes]

ACM> May I suggest doing the following:

ACM> a) Enable 'subject' in the 'Detected By' section.

ACM> b) In the 'Signal Strings' section enter Test and Subscribe in separate
ACM> lines.

ACM> c) Make sure the Active option is enabled.

ACM> d) Go to the advanced tab and enable  "Action" ..... Kill.

ACM>    Also  'Detection method' .......... 'any string match'.

ACM> This should do it. I tested it and it works. :-)

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Yep, I've done all that and what you suggested is how I started off.
Everything I've tried since is a variation on that but still it
doesn't work for me. I just can't see why it doesn't work for me
though which is why I asked for help after trying myself on and off
for a few days.

 Paul                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]