Hi Thomas Fernandez,

On Sunday, October 01, 2000 at 7:27:08 AM you wrote:

> This is the info I just pasted from the log:

> This one time, the user has chosen to "block" communications.  Details:
> Inbound TCP connection
> Local address,service is (163.31.23.50,nbsession)
> Remote address,service is (163.31.23.191,1163)
> Process name is "C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE BAT!\THEBAT.EXE"

> Unquote

> I'm running AtGuard V.3.2. If there is more info somewhere, let me
> know where to look.

I don't know that software... I just don't understand what meaning the
process   name  is  supposed to have in this context. There's only one
situation  I can imagine where any local process would have to do with
the  connection:  if that local process had a listening socket open on
the  port  in  question.  But TB doesn't open any listening sockets at
all,  AFAIK  (why  should  it?),  so this really can't be the case. Or
maybe  the  word  "incoming"  is  wrong  here?  Which  of those two IP
addresses belongs to your system?

Oliver Sturm

--
% ar m God
ar: God does not exist

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996