Hello Marco & other fellow TB! Users,

Friday, October 06, 2000, you stated:

MQ>>> Although I greatly enjoy and appreciate the effort Stephan and Max put
MQ>>> into releasing new versions of TB!... how about we all get together and
MQ>>> boycott further 1.x versions? *grin*

MQ> Focusing on v2 is the reason that I suggested it.

While I can see your point, there have been *signifcant*
improvements to TB! made since v. 1.36 (I can't speak for earlier
ones) in terms of speed, colors & file size (among others - & I'm
not up to date yet) *at no cost*.

Upgrading to v. 2.0 will almost certainly involve a cash outlay and
I can't can't say I mind Stef and Max taking the time to get it
right before putting it on the market. As other's have pointed out,
much of what v 2 will contain has been added continually to v. 1.x

MQ> ... since they're developing for v1, they have to do it all
MQ> twice.

I assume that what's been incorporated into v.1 is what's most
compatible w/ it - that which required the least amount of
re-engineering.

MQ> implement, test and debug a feature on v1, and then,
MQ> depending how the v2 code differences affect the implementation,
MQ> re-implement, re-test and re-debug it all...

Ask them. (I myself assume the know what they're doing and it's
their baby, in any case. Besides, I know for a fact that they're
open to suggestions)

MQ> Besides, who here believes that there will be no v2.x's, or that we
MQ> won't see any v2.x betas released? *grin*

MQ> Of course, this is all just my opinion(/experience)...  But I think that
MQ> they said v2 was supposed to be ready for the spring,

It was supposed to be ready at the beginning of the year but once
again, this here isn't M$ and I for one would rather they got it
right and meanwhile, keep the upgrades coming.

MQ> and now it's already fall... _something_ has to be holding them
MQ> up, and I honestly believe that all of their excellent work on
MQ> v1 could be a major part of that something.

Maybe so, but does it really matter? TB! users have not been left
out in the cold - we're got a damn functional client on hand (IMHO).

Douglas Hinds