At 11:13:29 PM on Saturday, November 04, 2000, Ming-Li wrote:

ML> Just tried it a couple of times, and it does work with my main POP3
ML> account. I don't have IMAP4 account to test with. According to other
ML> list members' experiences, TB's IMAP4 support seems to be spotty,
ML> but I can't comment on that.

I take your word for it. I'll try it again to be sure, and post my results if
they are weird, or won't if it works. :)

ML> Of course. It's useful should you often need to, e.g., color code a
ML> message, park it, delete it from the server, and add its sender to
ML> the AB at the same time.

Ok, this makes sense. I will try to find a use for it. Do a lot of people use
color-coding in TB? It seemed frivolous to me but I've always used console-based
clients as my main client.

>> I tried to define the reply template under the folder that I sort
>> list mail into. Although I can customize everything there, there
>> are no radio buttons, so I can put in %Quote but can't say what
>> type of quotes to use.

ML> Check out a macro called %QUOTESTYLE in the help file.

Ahah. Ok, I'll look it up. But isn't it weird that there should be no radio
buttons for it? Or isn't it weird that quotestyle is not defined in the account
templates explicitly, replaced instead by those radio buttons?

>> hierarchy for folder-specific templates. If I change my reply
>> template for the ACCOUNT, then it seems when I go to define
>> folderspecific templates those changes are reflected. Which is
>> really weird, what if I had customized a folder reply template
>> heavily, but later made a change in the account default reply
>> template, would it overwrite the folder one?

ML> It shouldn't. The template hierarchy is

AB templates >> folder templates > account templates

I see. This is absolutely sensible, and quite good design behaviour. I should
have tested it further before opening my big mouth.

Thanks.

--
Kiyan Azarbar
M.A. Linguistics,