Hello Alexander,

On  Sun, 12 Nov 2000  at  17:24:59 GMT +0100 (which was 8:24 AM
where I live) witnesses say Alexander Turcic typed:

> I am curious if there is an option (planned?) in TB that encrypts the
> mailbox files.

No.  TB used to use some encryption, but that was very weak, so they
removed all encryption.  It is now up to the user to get a 3rd party
program to encrypt their data.  Some other members have said that
PGPDisk works well for them.  I have not used it myself.

> The password feature to secure access to a mailbox is well meant, but
> it is more or less useless if anyone with access to the .tbb files can
> read those using any ASCII editor.

That's exactly right.  It is not meant to be any more secure than the
Windows password you enter on Win9x.  It is very easy to work around.
The password is only meant to keep casual peepers away, such as
coworkers while you're on a coffee break.

BTW, on another note, as one list member to another, have you read the
moderator nag sent by Marck D. Pearlstone on November 10, 2000?  It
isn't in the archives yet, but I can send you a copy off list if you
like.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal